|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Community Orthoptist|
|Job Description|| Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is the largest provider in Australia of guide dogs and orientation and mobility services for people with impaired vision. We have a trusted and recognised brand and deliver thousands of free client service programs annually. In fact, Guide Dogs has won the Reader’s Digest “Most Trusted Charity Brand” award from 2013 to 2018.
We are currently seeking a Community Orthoptist to join our Client Services team in Wollongong (covering the Illawarra Shoalhaven and South Western Sydney region). This position delivers specialist low vision assessments, training and other interventions to enable clients with vision impairment to maximise the use of their residual vision. Services are delivered to clients of all ages, mainly in community locations and client homes.
Applicants must demonstrate:
* Completion of a Bachelor degree in Orthoptics or equivalent;
* Eligibility for registration with the Australian Orthoptic Board;
* Satisfactory background checks including National Police Certificate and Working With Children Check (NSW);
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with clients and others;
* Good skills in utilising Microsoft Office applications and modern technology such as smart phones and their related applications; and
* Possession of a NSW Driver Licence with a good driving history or alternate strategy to travel between service locations (e.g. community hub, office, client home).
Prior experience conducting low vision Orthoptic assessments and maintaining an electronic records management system is not essential but would be desirable.
Applicants must be willing to travel regularly to deliver programs in client homes or community locations, and must be physically fit to undertake the inherent requirements of the role.
Please see the position description for this vacancy on our website at: https://www.guidedogs.com.au/jobs
Join our friendly and committed staff. To express your interest please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Guide Dogs NSW/ACT|
|Contact Name||Sonya Leotta|
|Other Number||(02) 9412 9373.|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|