|Suburb||Near South Bank|
|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Description|| * Full-Time Career Position
* Fantastic Salary and benefits
* Located near South Bank
The Queensland Eye Institute has a fantastic opportunity for a professional, motivated and experienced Orthoptist to join our expanding specialist medical practice. We would encourage Orthoptists (including new grads) to apply. The main function of the role will be to provide support to our Subspecialty Ophthalmic Clinical Team. The role requires excellent communication skills, willingness to work as part of a busy team, flexibility and a strong focus on patient care.
Maintaining a mature work ethic, you will often be the first clinical point of contact for patients. You will be required to provide a high level of service and support to Doctors while maintaining patient confidentiality.
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
* Meeting patients and providing an overview of the process for their visit;
* Investigating patients clinically prior to their consultation with the Doctors;
* Undertake testing using specialist equipment;
* Providing ongoing care to patients;
* Undertaking general administrative duties relating to patient care;
* Keeping up to date with current practices and recording work activities as part of continuing professional development.
Our roles require team members that are focused on providing high levels of patient care and a willingness to go the extra mile.
We look for the following key skills for our Clinical Team
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong Team Working skills
* Maturity & Self Motivation
* Patience and Resilience
* To be empathetic and the ability to handle emotional situations
Previous paediatric experience highly valued.
A good understanding of computer systems and a working knowledge of a paperless clinical environment would be a benefit. Previous experience with Houston VIP.net would be highly regarded.
We have a great team of committed professionals at the QEI.
Please contact Kelly Langdon on 0404 036 130 to discuss the role.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Queensland Eye Institute|
|Contact Name||Kelly Langdon|
|Title||Chief Operating Officer|
|Mobile Number||0404 036 130|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|