|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Clinical Research Orthoptist|
|Job Description|| Do you want to develop your Clinical Research Career and work alongside talented and well-respected clinicians with state of the art ophthalmologic equipment in Perth?
Lions Eye Institute (LEI) is one of the largest eye research institutes in the southern hemisphere and has an international reputation in investigating the prevention and cure of blinding eye disease. The Institute has a proud history of outstanding translation of medical research and new treatment options for eye diseases.
We are looking for an Orthoptist who wishes to develop their Clinical Research career in a dynamic role incorporating all of your orthoptist skills.
LEI conduct a range of clinical studies that meet stringent national and international guidelines. The successful applicant will primarily be involved in retina, glaucoma and epidemiology studies.
Reporting to the Clinical Research Manager, this position will:
• Implement/Coordinate Clinical studies as required
• Assist with participant recruitment
• Collect and record clinical data & undertake trial and research related assessments such as OCT, microperimetry, ICG and FA, and photography, utilising the latest imaging technologies including adaptive optics retinal imaging.
• Maintain study records according to protocols/regulatory guidelines
• Undertake statistical analysis and interpretation of research data
• Ensure audit, ethical and professional standards are met
• Provide a high level of patient care
• Ensure clinical excellence in the delivery of patient care
• Undertake clinic sessions as required
The following eligibility criteria should be addressed in your application:
• Tertiary Qualifications in Orthoptics
• Registered member with the AOB
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Orthoptic assessments and the provision of services
• Ability to work and communicate effectively
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Ability to learn quickly and use initiative
• Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and assess work priorities
• Demonstrated computer literacy (esp. Microsoft office suite)
• Knowledge of health research and/or clinical trials
• Demonstrated understanding of ICH, GCP, NHMRC and other regulatory guidelines governing the conduct of clinical trials in Australia
• Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS
LEI offers a friendly and dynamic work environment and the chance to be involved in life changing Ophthalmology research. Extensive training and support will be provided. Salary will be negotiated in accordance with experience and qualifications. Generous salary packaging available. Initial full-time role (12 month contract) with possibility of extension. Fulltime role (part-time considered). Some work in our Clinics may also be required as part of the position.
Job Description/Selection criteria available from [email protected]
Closing date for applications: COB Friday 01 March 2019
Written applications including CV and addressing all selection criteria within your application (no more than 2 pages) to [email protected]
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Recent graduates encouraged to apply. Must have rights to work in Australia.
Expressions of interest for Orthoptists to work in our LEI Clinics also encouraged.
Lions Eye Institute Values: Excellence, Dedication, Respect and Integrity
Contact for further information:
Clinical Research Manager
Phone: 089381 0829 or [email protected]
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Lions Eye Institute|
|Contact Name||Lisa Karabin|
|Title||HR Services Advisor|
|Other Number||08 9381 0725|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|