|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Orthoptist / Ophthalmic Assistant|
|Job Description|| Peel Vision www.peelvision.com.au is seeking the services of an experienced full-time orthoptist to join our dynamic and busy ophthalmology practice.
We are a modern and well-equipped practice, with a friendly and professional team providing ophthalmic care to the rapidly growing Peel region and surrounding areas. Our ethos is to provide an accessible, affordable and comprehensive service to the highest standards, with compassion and respect. We have a reputation for going the extra mile for our patients. Our Doctor, Dr Then, has a special interest in cataract and lens-refractive surgery, and oculoplastic surgery.
Orthoptist duties include:
* Comprehensive diagnostic testing including auto-refraction, tonometry, OCT, fields, corneal topography, wavefront aberrometry, wide-field retina scanning, and clinical photographs for oculoplastic cases.
* Performing an independent biometry clinic for IOL calculations
*Clinical duties including assistance with intravitreal injection clinics, minor oculoplastic procedures, contact lens trials and postoperative review/counselling.
Training in the above will be provided, and experienced orthoptists as well as fresh graduates are encouraged to apply. Refraction skills and experience with slit lamp bio-microscopy is desirable but not necessary. We are a paperless clinic, and experience with medical software (particularly Houston VIP-net) would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have:
* The ability to autonomously organise and manage the work-flow of busy clinics with efficiency and accuracy
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to cope with challenging patients and situations
* A strong work ethic with high levels of self-motivation
* Diligence, reliability, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and contribute to the growth and promotion of the practice
* A friendly, approachable and positive personality, with a strong patient focus
We offer supportive management, a friendly workplace and a commitment to your ongoing education and professional development. We will offer generous remuneration to the right candidate. Current rostered hours are 35-37 hours per week, with time off when the doctor is in theatre. We have easy on-site parking, and a uniform is provided.
Our practice is in the heart of Mandurah, a short stroll to the central mall and shops and the beautiful foreshore. For those looking for a sea-change, Mandurah offers a fantastic coastal lifestyle, beautiful beaches and canals, and plenty of amenity. Visit www.visitpeel.com.au
The position is available immediately (part-time) and from April (full-time). If you wish for more details, Dr Then can be contacted at [email protected] or on mobile 0418 915 698. If interested, please email your cover letter and CV to the practice manager Tracy Hewson at [email protected]
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Peel Vision|
|Contact Name||Tracy Hewson|
|Other Number||(08) 9535 4321|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|