|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Job Description||Clinical Orthoptist for a private Ophthalmology Clinic.
Horizon Surgical Eye Centre is located in the prestigious medical precinct of John Flynn Private Hospital at the southern end of the Gold Coast. Due to practice growth we are seeking a part time or casual clinical orthoptist who shares our mission to deliver the highest standard of clinical care with a professional and caring approach. We are a modern and spacious state of the art ophthalmology practice that delivers world's best practice levels of patient care and customer service. This is rare and exciting opportunity.
Horizon Surgical Eye Centre uses the best and latest technology with:
• IOL Master 700 biometry including total keratometry
• Heidelberg Spectralis OCT/ fundus auto-fluorescence/ infra-red/ fluorescein and ICG angiography
• Humphrey Visual Field analyser
• Ellex YAG, SLT and retinal lasers
• electronic medical records
Key roles will be reviewing post-operative cataract, iStent, pterygium and blepharoplasty patients, reviewing patients having treatment for macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease and other medical retina conditions, and reviewing patients with glaucoma in conjunction with the ophthalmologist. You will be competent in initiating and performing vision assessments including refraction, and investigations including OCT, visual field tests and biometry. Competence in performing FFA / ICG angiography for medical retina patients would be advantageous.
Duties of the role include:
• Taking a patient's ophthalmic and medical history
• Observing and testing patients’ vision including refraction
• Performing post-operative reviews as appropriate depending on applicants experience
• Clinical assessment of patients and performing investigations such as visual field testing, OCT, biometry and angiography
• Clinical assessment of ocular motility and strabismus disorders
• Providing information to patients about diagnoses, management and progress
• Ability to work well with technology and various instruments
• Accurately recording patient information into the patient's electronic record
Previous experience as a clinical orthoptist in an ophthalmic practice is advantageous.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• Excellent clinical skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills with excellent time management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent skills in communicating with the doctor, staff, patients and relatives in a professional manner and the ability to react favourably in all work situations
• Strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people within the clinic and externally
• Immaculate presentation
You will be working for a progressive and supportive employer with over 25 years in managing and operating world leading customer service businesses who truly understands the challenges in delivering first class outcomes for all parties involved.
To apply please apply via this website or send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Horizon Surgical Eye Centre|
|Contact Name||Mathew Palenschus|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|