|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Partime and Casual|
|Job Description||Mornington Specialist Eye Clinic is a brand new clinic based in Central Mornington, and benefits from the most modern and up-to-date equipment for both orthoptic use. At present we have a Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon who requires orthoptic support on Saturdays and alternate Fridays with expected further opportunities to work on other days of the week.
Long term / Locum: Initially casual/sessional work, with option for permanent placement.
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate will be required to communicate with doctors, staff, patients and relatives in a professional manner and respond and react to the variety of circumstances that clinical practice presents.
- High quality clinic skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability are an essential component of dealing with people within the clinic and externally.
- Applicant must possess a tertiary qualification in Orthoptics.
- Computer literacy. The clinic uses the electronic medical record system Genie and knowledge of the system would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a busy environment. The variety of work involved will require strong organisational skills and excellent time management.
- The applicant should be flexible and adaptable to a variable set of requirements from the job.
Duties will include:
- Standard Ophthalmic and Medical History taking and patient work-up.
- Giving patients information about their disease and treatments.
- Screening for the need for Laser treatments. The clinic has YAG and retinal laser facilities.
- Subjective refractions.
- Photography and Autofluorescence imaging.
- Fluorescein and ICG angiography.
- OCT scanning and OCT angiography.
- A-scanning, biometry, total keratometry and aberrometry.
- Visual field testing.
- Assisting with intravitreal injections and minor ops.
- Assisting in postoperative care of patients.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of care delivery to patients. The position offers an opportunity to develop a broad skill-set and supports your professional development.
Applications are encouraged from experienced orthoptists although applicants with some experience will be considered. The practice will support and encourage you in your future development and training. If you are not yet experienced in all of the techniques required, we will support you in learning and developing your skills.
You will be working as part of our team to deliver the very best possible treatment to our patients.
To apply please contact us via this website or send your CV and cover letter for the attention of the Practice Manager to [email protected]
You will be required to attend for interview and visit the clinic to be considered for the position.
The position will be subject to a three month trial period.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Mornington Specialist Eye Clinic|
|Contact Name||Caroline Mayer|
|Other Number||03 90701010|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|