|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Job Title||Orthoptist / Ophthalmic Assistant - One year maternity leave contract|
|Job Description||Our busy Ophthalmology practice with clinics in North Adelaide and Glenelg is seeking an enthusiastic orthoptist / ophthalmic assistant to cover for a 12 month maternity leave contract. This is a part-time position of approximately 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This is a great opportunity for a graduate orthoptist to build and broaden their skill-set.
While the position is predominantly at our North Adelaide rooms you will need to have the flexibility to work at both locations.
- Must have excellent communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be able to effectively prioritise in a busy multi-task environment.
- Have a personable and professional approach with the ability to relate to people on all levels.
- The strong ability to work as part of a team.
- Be available for an early start or late finish.
- Have computer skills using Zedmed although not essential as training will be given.
- Must be flexible and willing to cover for sick and holiday leave.
- Have a current Police clearance.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:-
- Standard ophthalmic patient work-up.
- Visual field testing and OCT scanning.
- Assisting with intravitreal injections and minor procedures.
- Ordering drugs and consumables,
- Ordering artificial lenses for cataract surgery.
- Assisting in the post-operative care of patients.
- Typing of theatre lists.
- Liaising with hospital and anaesthetists.
This is a diverse role for the right candidate with other duties involved in the daily running of a busy ophthalmic practice.
Support and training will be offered in all areas.
Please send your resume to the Practice Manager
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Harley Eye Clinic|
|Contact Name||Julie Baker|
|Other Number||08 82676544|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|