|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full-time and Part time|
|Job Description||VEI MACKAY ORTHOPTIC POSITION
An outstanding opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated Orthoptist to join our energetic eye care team in Mackay. This is a full-time opportunity for someone who thrives in a busy fast paced environment. The position primarily involves general Orthoptics, A scans, IOL measurements with the IOL Master, Humphrey visual fields, angiography and OCT imaging.
This busy multidisciplinary ophthalmic practice consists of two Ophthalmologists specialising in General Ophthalmology, Strabismus, Cataract, Retinal and Glaucoma.
This position will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to run their own clinic with / alongside Dr Ed Boets.
The successful candidate will:
• Detect, diagnosis and manage eye disorders with an emphasis on children
• Demonstrate a commitment to providing excellence in patient care
• Have proven ability to work as an effective team member
• Closely follow doctor protocol guidelines and accurately perform/report tests
• Perform clinical assessments of patient medical/ocular histories
• Perform refractions, A-Scans, OCT’s, Topography, OPTOS and visual fields
• Assist with ordering medical supplies
• Applicants must have a Bachelor of Health Science Degree or Orthoptic Qualification
• Registration with AOB
• Previous Orthoptic experience preferred
• Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Effective time management, priority management and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility – able to adjust sessions and hours to suit the needs of the business
Remuneration is in keeping with level of experience. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications to [email protected] or phone (07) 4942 6444 for more information.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Vision Eye Institute Mackay|
|Contact Name||Kay Hague-Rout|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|