|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full-time and Part time|
|Job Title||New Graduate or Experienced Orthoptist position in busy paediatric and adult ophthalmic practice|
|Job Description||Part or full time orthoptist required
NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY
Valley Eye Specialists is a busy paediatric and adult ophthalmology practice in Brisbane that strives to provide exceptional ophthalmic care. We are looking for a dynamic orthoptist who enjoys working with children and is keen to further develop their skills in ophthalmic care for both paediatric and adult patients.
You will be joining a team of eight ophthalmologists who specialise in a variety of areas including general adult and paediatric ophthalmology, genetic eye disease and neuro-ophthalmology.
Clinical duties will include but are not limited to:
• Initial clinical assessment of children and adults of all ages and abilities
• Ocular motility assessment of children and adults
• Provision of education and support for children (including their families) and adults who require long term management or surgery for their eye condition
• Use of diagnostic imaging equipment including Humphrey Visual Field Analyser, Heidelberg Spectralis OCT + HRA, Optos wide-field retinal photography/autofluorescence/fluorescein angiography, IOL Master 700, Oculus Pentacam
• Participation in education programs within the practice
• There is also potential for the right applicant to be involved in solo orthoptic clinics along with our current orthoptist to provide ongoing monitoring and orthoptic management of patients within the practice
Essential qualities for the candidate include:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a clinical team focused on providing high quality care
• A strong desire to work with children and their families
• The ability to thrive in a busy clinical environment
Other desirable competencies include:
• Skill and experience in ocular motility examinations in patients of all ages
• Skills in subjective refraction
The position will be available from July 2020.
Please send your resume to [email protected] or call us for further information.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Valley Eye Specialists|
|Contact Name||Jayne Camuglia or Juanita Pappalardo|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|