|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Title||Orthoptist or Ophthalmic Technician|
|Job Description||An exciting opportunity exists for a casual Orthoptist or Ophthalmic Technician to join our busy and growing ophthalmology practice in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast.
We currently have 4 ophthalmologists with interests and subspecialties in General ophthalmology, Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Medical Retina, Vitreo-retinal Surgery, and Oculoplastics.
The current opportunity allows for 2-3 days per week with the possibility of increased days in the future.
The successful applicant would ideally have excellent communication skills and patient rapport, an understanding of Genie medical software or equivalent online paperless medical documentation system and be motivated to assist in the growth of the practice over the years to come.
A tertiary qualification is preferred although not essential for a candidate with experience.
The role includes:
- General preliminary work up of patients including history taking, visual acuity, refraction, IOP measurements, ocular motility, and pupil assessments.
- OCT imaging (posterior, anterior and OCT-A) and Fundus photography/Angiography
- Humphrey Visual Field testing
- Assisting in minor procedures, ordering of medical stock, and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Triaging referrals and assisting with medical typing as required.
Our regular hours of work are between 7:30 am and 5:30pm on Mondays to Fridays.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format to [email protected]
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Ormuz Eye Care|
|Contact Name||Stephanie Brown|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|