|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Job Title||Experienced Orthoptist|
|Job Description||- Permanent Part-Time Opportunity (4 days per week)
- Coffs Harbour Location
- $81,000 to $86,000 + Super + Salary Packaging (Pro Rata)
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- Utilise a person-centered and strengths based approach, providing services that focus on client’s needs and goals;
- Provide functional vision assessments and recommendations that address the priorities of clients of all ages, supporting them to make the most effective use of their vision; this includes the use of low vision aids, lighting and other specialist equipment;
- Provide information to clients and their carers/family about eye conditions, appropriate to their needs;
- Prepare clinical and functional vision assessment reports as requested by clients and/or third parties.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Approved qualifications in Orthoptics as recognised by the Australian Orthoptic Association;
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults;
- Experience in providing client support and Orthoptic services in person and/or through other communication mediums;
- Training and intervention strategies for individuals and groups.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please email Michael Kienhuis on [email protected] with your full resume and a cover letter.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Vision Australia|
|Contact Name||Michael Kienhuis|
|Title||Regional Client Services Manager|
|Mobile Number||0439 407 359|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|