|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Title||Senior Clinical Orthoptist|
|Job Description||Are you a Senior Clinical Orthoptist looking to join a growing innovative practice with a strong focus on patient education and outcomes?
We are an ophthalmology practice located in Baulkham Hills providing general ophthalmology services as well as glaucoma, medical retina, macular degeneration, cataract surgery and refractive surgery.
The practice consists of 12 doctors, CEO, Practice Manager, a team of orthoptists and reception/administration staff.
The main objective of this role is to provide daily clinical leadership, supervision and clinical expertise in ensuring a high standard of clinical support and an efficient clinical workflow from the clinical team to the patients and doctors.
This role will suit you if you enjoy the diversity and challenges of not only providing clinical assistance, as well as being an integral staff member in creating a productive and motivated clinical team.
This is a fulltime position working Monday to Friday (38 hours) with start times of 8-8.30am and finishing times of 4.30-5pm. This role reports to the Practice Manager and Managing Director. There is parking available onsite.
Your role will consist of the following duties and responsibilities:
• Patient assessment and screening
• Supervision of a team of orthoptists
• Training and ongoing development of the orthoptists’ skills and knowledge
• Preparation of clinical rosters
• Monitoring and evaluating clinical processes and procedures
• Clinical auditing
• Clinical trials
• Surgery bookings
• Overseeing ordering of medical stock and equipment
• Valuable clinical input into the management team in developing the practice
You will have the following skills and knowledge:
• A degree qualified orthoptist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• You have previous experience in supervising a clinical team
• You are a strong leader that is able to provide leadership and direction to a team. You motivate, develop and provide ongoing professional development to ensure that your team are successful
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, with a role providing challenges and diversity
• Patient excellence and a high level of support to doctors is your focus
• Able to problem solve issues through practical and sound approaches
• You are naturally a person with good work values, ethics and high standards
• Highly organised to effectively plan ahead to anticipate problems
• A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
• You love working with a team of passionate, committed people
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Nexus Eyecare|
|Contact Name||Bernadette Beach|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|