|Longterm or Locum||Longterm|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Job Title||Experienced Orthoptist|
|Job Description||Mornington Specialist Eye Clinic is based in Central Mornington on the Mornington Peninsular. We require a part-time Orthoptist to join our team and to support our friendly Ophthalmologists.
- Applicant must possess a tertiary qualification in Orthoptics.
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate will be required to communicate with doctors, staff, patients and relatives in a professional manner and respond and react to the variety of circumstances that clinical practice presents.
- Punctuality, high quality clinic skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability are an essential component of dealing with people within the clinic and externally.
- Computer literacy. The clinic uses the electronic medical record system Genie and knowledge of the system would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under pressure. The variety of work involved will require strong organizational skills and excellent time management.
- The applicant should be flexible and adaptable to a variable set of requirements from the job.
- Experience of working with a Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon would be an advantage.
Duties will include:
- Standard Ophthalmic and Medical History taking and patient work-up.
- Giving patients information about their disease and treatments.
- Screening for the need for Laser treatments. The clinic has YAG and retinal laser facilities.
- Subjective refractions.
- Photography and Autofluorescence imaging.
- Fluorescein and ICG angiography.
- OCT scanning and OCT angiography.
- A-scanning, biometry, total keratometry and aberrometry.
- Visual field testing.
- Assisting with intravitreal injections and minor ops.
- Assisting with Keratoconus Cross-linking
- Assisting in postoperative care of patients.
The position offers an opportunity to develop a broad skill-set and supports your professional development.
Applications are encouraged from experienced orthoptists although applicants with some experience will be considered. If you are not yet experienced in all of the techniques required, we will support you in learning and developing your skills.
You will be working as part of our team to deliver the very best possible treatment to our patients.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to the Practice Manager at [email protected]
Attendance at the clinic for an interview is needed to be considered for the position. You will be required to provide a Working with Children certificate and Police Check. The position will be subject to a three month trial period.
|Practice name / Company / Ophthalmologist||Mornington Specialist Eye Clinic|
|E-mail Address||[email protected]|