URGENT or RANDOM Request
The Urgent or Random Request Service is very useful when you truly need an Orthoptist on the same day or next day - when your usual Orthoptist calls in sick or is unable to work. It is also useful for those random days ahead, where your Orthoptist knows they will not be able to work.
The Urgent or Random Request Service is also very handy if you need an interim Orthoptist to work, while you wait for responses from a recently placed Orthoptic Job ad. This will allow you more time to wait for the right candidate, while not being without an Orthoptist.
UNDERSTANDING: The "Urgent or Random Request " process
What does the Ophthalmic practice need to do? ....
- Fill the: 'Urgent or Random Request Form" (adjacent) / FREE to lodge a request
- Once you click "lodge" a mobile number will appear for you to call.
(note: you must call this number, inorder for the available Orthoptist/s to be notified. Lodging the form alone, will not complete the Urgent or Random Request process)
What will Find an Orthoptist do? ....
- Find an Orthoptist will sms all the Orthoptists who have disclosed their relevant day/s off for that particular requested day/s.
- The first to respond/ best matched Orthoptist to the clinic requirements will be noted.
- Find an Orthoptist will then contact the Orthoptist to confirm availability.
- Find an Orthoptist will then contact the Ophthalmic practice & the available Orthoptists contact details will be given to the clinic after payment of this service
[Days may or may not be consecutive / may be completely random with no pattern]
$230. 00 - for same day/ next day/ any random single day.
In the event a practice/company employs a candidate provided by Find an Orthoptist on a permanent/ongoing basis it is subject to an alternate pricing/fee arrangement; made up of a percentage (10%) of the candidate's first year remuneration & will be invoiced at beginning of contract. This is addition to any locum, urgent/ random fulfillment fees previously agreed for days already serviced. This permanent employment fee may be subject to negotiation, please contact Find an Orthoptist to discuss.
What will the Clinic receive from 'Find an Orthoptist' after payment?
(1) Email of confirmation from the Orthoptist, that they agree to come in for the specified day/s to cover.
(2) Email containing the Orthoptists: CV & Graduation Certificate, plus any other relevant certificates which the Orthoptists may have eg: AOB, working with children, criminal record check.
Requesting certain requirements of the Orthoptist?
Within the request form, there is an opportunity to specify anything you wish eg: Tests to be performed / years of experience.
What measures does Find an Orthoptist take, to help ensure that the Orthoptist is ready to "fill in" at short notice?
When the Orthoptist registers to be on the sms contact listing for Urgent or Random positions, they need to agree to the following, terms & conditions:
- I need to have my graduation certificate/ CV and any other work experience details up to date & ready to access, incase I'm notified urgently & potentially required to work in the next 1- 2 hours.
- I need to notify Find an Orthoptist whenever my days off/ availability changes.
- The above is reinforced when Find an Orthoptist speaks personally with all Orthoptists, during a welcome call after registration.
Lodge an urgent request