Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully:
(1) Find an Orthoptist has been developed to provide orthoptic job listings/& related services to Orthoptists from Ophthalmologists/Ophthalmic practices & companies related to the Ophthalmic industry. Users of this site agree to accept all terms & conditions, else are not permitted to the use of this site/or the associated services of Find an Orthoptist.
(2) Find an Orthoptist is not liable for any inaccurate information which may be provided by either the Orthoptist or Ophthalmologist/practice/company.
(3) Find an Orthoptist is not liable for any adverse incidences which may occur from the employment of Orthoptists by the Ophthalmologist/prawctice/company.
(4) Find an Orthoptist is not responsible or involved in any workplace agreements, conditions or rate of pay contracted between the Orthoptist and the Ophthalmologist/practice/company.
(5) Payments to Find an Orthoptist can be made via: Direct Bank Deposit or PayPal. All prices outlined on the cost page are based on direct bank deposit. If PayPal is preferred then the additional PayPal fee will be incurred. International ads placed will also incur the conversion fee (Australian dollars).
I understand I need to comply with the associated employment rights and awards concerning Orthoptists, together with the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 .
(1) I understand that Find an Orthoptist has a contact list of Orthoptists who wish to be notified via: sms, should an urgent position arise. I understand that these Orthoptists have NOT been screened or interviewed by Find an Orthoptist. I understand it is the Ophthalmologists/practice managers/practice responsibility to view the urgent Orthoptists graduation certificate/CV/ & any other relevant work experience details on arrival, on the day of filling in urgently. Find an Orthoptist is not liable if the person arriving to fill in for the given urgent position is not appropriately qualified or fit for the urgent position.
(2) I understand that Find an Orthoptist asks to sight the Orthoptists CV/ graduation certificate - for the purpose of placing them officially on the urgent sms listing only. This sighting is not involved or associated with any screening or interviewing of the Orthoptist.
(3) I understand that when Find an Orthoptist locates an available Orthoptist to work the requested urgent position, then that Orthoptist's contact details will be given to the Ophthalmic practice, once payment (as outlined on the cost page) is made via: direct bank deposit. The Orthoptist's email of confirmation (agreement to fill in ) / Graduation certificate & CV will also be emailed to the Ophthalmic practice after payment, where all correspondence between Orthoptist & the ophthalmic practice will now occur directly between each other.
(4) I understand to initiate the ‘find urgently’ service, I need to BOTH: lodge an urgent request and then call the revealed mobile number.
(5) I understand that Find an Orthoptist endeavors to find an available Orthoptist urgently when requested, however it is not 100% guaranteed that an available Orthoptist will be located.
(6) If Find an Orthoptist is unable to locate an available Orthoptist, then no payment is to be made.
(7) If Find an Orthoptist locates an available Orthoptist, their contact details will not be given to the practice until payment is made.
(8) Find an Orthoptist will forward an email of confirmation to the practice, from the Orthoptist, which states they are willing to come in and work the urgent position.
(9) If for some reason the arranged Orthoptist fails to attend and work the urgent position, then no refund will be provided by Find an Orthoptist [note: should that situation arise, contact Find an Orthoptist again and another attempt to locate another Orthoptist will be made, at no extra charge (provided it is the same position as initially requested)]
(10) If the practice decides to withdraw their urgent request, after Find an Orthoptist has already approached Orthoptists and/or is in conversation with Orthoptists and/or in the process of finalizing the Orthoptist/s - a cancelation fee of $90.00 will be charged to the practice, for simply a change of mind. This includes instances where the clinic, has re-arranged shifts of other Orthoptists within there practice and are now able to manage & do not require an Orthoptist to fill in anymore - a cancelation fee will still apply.
(11) I understand I can not personally contact the Orthoptist arriving to fill-in again in future. If any future urgent/position arises for the practice, Find an Orthoptist must be contacted and the Orthoptist will be contacted again by 'Find an Orthoptist. Under no circumstances can the practice approach the Orthoptist again who was originally sent by 'Find an Orthoptist'. Any breech of this will result in permanent suspension of all services related to Find an Orthoptist for both the practice and the Orthoptist involved, with legal prosecution attached. The practice may specify a particular Orthoptist by name when contacting Find an Orthoptist again in future.
LONGTERM/ LOCUM POSITIONS:
(1) I understand Find an Orthoptist will post longterm and Locum positions for Orthoptists to view. Interested Orthoptists will apply directly to the Ophthalmologist/practice.
(2) All costs associated with the upload of an ad, Facebook "tagging", Facebook promotive posts are outlined on the 'cost' page of this website.
(3) There is no expiry duration of the ad. The ad can remain on this site indefinitely until the position is filled. After 6 months Find an Orthoptist may remove the ad, unless requested by the advertiser to keep the ad posted.
(5) It is the responsibility of the Ophthalmologist/practice to inform Find an Orthoptist when the ad needs to be removed.
(6) I understand a 'new ad alert' is also sent out automatically on the Find an Orthoptist Facebook business page, when an ad is uploaded onto the website. This is not the whole ad, as uploaded onto the website, it contains key essential points from the ad, then a note directing viewers to the website for full details.
NEW AD ALERTS & PROMOTIVE POSTS:
(1) I understand that both a new ad alert & promotive post can not be posted independently, without an original ad being posted on the actual Find an Orthoptist website.
(2) I understand that Find an Orthoptist may select certain promotive posts from advertisers & upload these onto the Find an Orthoptist website, in order to be viewed as examples. I understand I need to inform Find an Orthoptist, if I do not wish my promotive post to be viewed as an example on the Find an Orthoptist website.
(1) I understand I need to register for free to be on the urgent contact list and an sms will be sent to me whenever any urgent position arises.
(2 ) I understand the names of Orthoptists on the urgent sms listing is kept confidential and is not visible on this site for others to see. My name & contact number will only be passed on to the relevant Ophthalmic practice should i express interest in their urgent position.
(3) I understand i need to send my CV/ graduation certificate to Find an Orthoptist initially inorder to be sighted by Find an Orthoptist and therefore to be officially placed on the urgent sms listing. Later, this may be forwarded to the relevant Ophthalmic practice if they request it, when I have expressed interest in their urgent position.
(4) I understand I need to inform Find an Orthoptist should I wish my number to be removed from the sms listing.
(5) I understand i need to inform Find an Orthoptist if/ & each time there is a change in any of my days off/ available days to work.
(6) I understand if I am on the urgent sms contact list then I need to have my graduation certificate/CV/& any other relevant work experience details up-to-date and ready to access, incase I am notified urgently and potentially required to work in the next 1-2 hours. I am still required to bring this (my original CV/graduation certificate) with me, even thou my CV/ graduation certificate was initially emailed to Find an Orthoptist.
(7) I understand that Find an Orthoptist receives no cut from the hourly rate of pay, which I agree to & which is paid by the Ophthalmologist/Clinic. I understand that Find an Orthoptist does not pay me.
(8) I understand that Find an Orthoptist may need to call me outside of normal business hours.
(9) I understand that I can not accept any positions in future, offered by the practice/ophthalmologist directly. If the practice/ophthalmologist wishes to contact me again to fill in on another occasion, then they must contact Find an Orthoptist to arrange this. I understand that if i accept any offers by the practice/ophthalmologist in future, on any other occasion, then it will result in my permanent suspension of all services related to Find an Orthoptist for both myself and the practice involved, with legal prosecution attached. Under no circumstances can the practice approach the Orthoptist again in future, who was originally sent by Find an Orthoptist. If they wish to contact the same Orthoptist again in future, they must contact Find an Orthoptist and may specify the name of that particular Orthoptist.
(1) I understand I need to apply directly to the contact details of the longterm/ locum ad.
Find an Orthoptist ensures that all personal information held is kept confidential and that all personal information is only collected, disclosed, used and stored in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out under the Federal Privacy Act 1988. Any personal information collected will only be used and disclosed for the purpose for which it has been provided for.
This website or no part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, copied or published in any form or by any means, without the prior written consent from Find an Orthoptist. Find an Orthoptist reserves all intellectual property rights. Users of this site must agree to not infringe or violate the rights of Find an Orthoptist. Users who breach any or part of the terms & conditions or copyrights will face legal prosecution. Copyright 2018: Find an Orthoptist. All rights reserved.