The Urgent or Random Request service is very useful when you truly need either an Orthoptist /Optometrist on the same day, next day or on any random day ahead. This is perfect for when your usual Orthoptist or Optometrist calls in sick, even at the very last minute on the same day!
The Urgent or Random Request service is also very handy if you need an interim Orthoptist / Optometrist to work, while you wait for responses from a recently placed job ad. This will allow you more time to wait for the right permanent candidate, while not being without an Orthoptist /Optometrist.
The Urgent or Random Request service is available to the following professions:
- Ophthalmic Technicians/ Assistants
- Ophthalmic Nurses
UNDERSTANDING: The ‘Urgent or Random’ Request process
What does the Practice need to do? ….
- Submit the: ‘Lodge an Urgent or Random Request Form” (adjacent) – no charge to lodge a request.
- Once you click “Lodge” a mobile number will appear for you to call.
- Note: you must call this number, in order for the available Orthoptist or Optometrist be notified. Lodging the online form alone, will not complete the Urgent or Random Request process.
THEN: What will Find an Orthoptist / Find an Optometrist do? ….
- A mobile phone text message will be sent to all the relevant candidates ie: Orthoptists or Optometrists or Ophthalmic Technicians/ Assistants or Ophthalmic Nurses, who are known to be available for the requested day or days.
- The first candidate to respond and/or is best fit for the clinic requirements will be noted.
- Find an Orthoptist / Find an Optometrist will then contact the practice & inform them about the relevant candidate who can cover. [Note: At this point only a brief outline regarding the Orthoptist / Optometrist/ Ophthalmic Technician – Assistant or Ophthalmic Nurse will be provided eg: “Yes, an Orthoptist is available to cover, he has 4 yrs experience & currently working 2 days a week.” No names or contact details will be provided at this point.
- If the practice is happy with the brief outline, the next step is to sign off on an email of agreement * [A form provided by Find an Orthoptist / Find an Optometrist which needs to be signed by the practice, agreeing that the organized candidate can not be contacted again in future by the practice for any other urgent/ random position without contacting Find an Orthoptist / Find an Optometrist first].
- On receiving the signed email of agreement, the following will be released to the practice on the Candidate:
- Graduation Certificate / current registration proof with their professional body eg: AOB (if applicable)
- Email of confirmation from the actual Orthoptist / Optometrist .etc (ie: their written statement agreeing to cover the request)
From this point onwards the practice can directly correspond with the candidate.
6. An invoice will be issued at the same time of releasing the candidates details, which is to be paid asap.
*Full details on an ’email of agreement’ can be found in the terms & conditions: section 10 – under: FOR the Ophthalmic/Optometry/related practices or companies, URGENT or RANDOM positions)
[Requested days may or may not be consecutive / may be completely random with no pattern]
Orthoptists/ Ophthalmic Technicians- Assistants:
$180.00 – for any initial day: ie: same day / next day / or any random day ahead.
$95.00 – for every other day there after, the first requested day
$230.00 – for any initial day: ie: same day / next day / or any random day ahead.
$110.00 – for every other day there after, the initial day
Requesting a particular type of Orthoptist / Optometrist?
Within the request form there is an opportunity to specify anything you wish eg: years of experience, confident with squints & assessing children, fast with refractions.etc